HIPPODROME SCHEDULE 2014
Tentative ~ Subject to Change
"At that time the Kingdom of heaven will be like this. Once there were ten young women who took their oil lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 Five of them were foolish, and the other five were wise.
Mat 25:3 The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any extra oil with them,
Mat 25:4 while the wise ones took containers full of oil for their lamps.
Mat 25:5 The bridegroom was late in coming, so they began to nod and fall asleep.
Mat 25:6 "It was already midnight when the cry rang out, 'Here is the bridegroom! Come and meet him!'
Mat 25:7 The ten young women woke up and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 Then the foolish ones said to the wise ones, 'Let us have some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.'
Mat 25:9 'No, indeed,' the wise ones answered, 'there is not enough for you and for us. Go to the store and buy some for yourselves.'
Mat 25:10 So the foolish ones went off to buy some oil; and while they were gone, the bridegroom arrived. The five who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast, and the door was closed.
Mat 25:11 "Later the others arrived. 'Sir, sir! Let us in!' they cried out.
Mat 25:12 'Certainly not! I don't know you,' the bridegroom answered."
Mat 25:13 And Jesus concluded, "Watch out, then, because you do not know the day or the hour.
Keep Pastor Lynn Kirkland and his buddies, Al, Kenny and Mike in your prayers. They are such SOLDIERS OF THE CROSS. They were at the Hippodrome in North Augusta where all the horses are stalled for the Augusta Futurity from Jan 20th thru Jan 27th. Pastor Lynn was so faithful. Each morning at 5:30am (giving out coffee in the freezing cold) inviting everyone to cowboy ch...urch. 5:30am coffee, singing and sermons midday, Wednesday night, Sunday mornings..rain, shine or cold he was there along with which ever buddy could help him...faithful, faithful, faithful! ! ! One day was so cold he and Al could not feel their guitar strings but still faithful...I was not that faithful...5:30am(not me) and I missed a day during the week but they were all steadfast helping Pastor Lynn as their schedules would allow. We need more soldiers like this and every now and then they need to here an "ATTA BOY!".....Keep them all in your prayers and especially Pastor Lynn (my heart feels a special burden for him for some reason)..But atta boy you guys and Pastor Lynn thank you for allowing me to be a part..GOD BLESS you and all your buddies..Ty
Our Missions and Outreach Director, Kenny Kirkland, "On Mission" in Ridgeland, SC 12-06-2012
June 2 - 3 Area 18 Cutting Horse Show
June 8 Steak Dinner Fund Raiser @ Gurley's IGA $8 each (Call 803 640-2954 to order)
June 9 "A Day In The Word" with Ann Marie Adams @ our house. Call for more info
June 16-17 Carolina Cutting Horse Show
COWBOY CHURCH STREET REVIVAL
MAY 4 ~ 13, 2012
EASTER SONRISE @ THE HIPPODROME
SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2012 ~ 6 AM
Join the Circle Riders Band and all the folks from Cowboy Church to celebrate our risen Savior!
COWBOY CHURCH @ THE HIPPODROME/AUGUSTA CUTTING HORSE FUTURITY
Sunday, January 22, 10 AM to 11 AM
Wednesday, January 25, 6 PM Fellowship; Worship 7 PM
Mrs. Jennie Downs was with us in both services to lead music worship. Come out to the Futurity and join us for the worship of our Risen Savior ~ The Hope of our Future !
Check out more info on this event at http://www.facebook.com/events/#!/events/223581911059065/ or http://www.facebook.com/events/#!/events/213835125364348/ .
We will be meeting in "The Shack" at the concession stand , next to the big outdoor arena @ The Hippodrome. Join us there!
16th Annual Winter Classic Barrel Horse Race
We held Cowboy Church for the 16 Annual Winter Classic Barrel Horse Race on Sunday morning, November 27, 2011. Mrs. Jennie Downs lead music worship for us. Find more about the event on facebook.
SOUTHERN REBEL BARREL FUTURITY
December 29 - 31
...then hang around and help us ring in the New Year - Cowboy style! We are planning a music filled New Year with hotdogs and marshmallows around a bon fire. Come join us beginning about 10 PM on New Year's Eve! WGUS 102.7 will be partnering with us along with Midland Paint & Body Shop. Jennie Downs and others (TBA) will be singing. Local bands and singers are invited to join us.
COWBOY CHURCH @ THE HIPPODROME
AREA 18 CUTTING HORSE SHOW August 12-14
We held church for the Area 18 Cutting Horse Show Sunday morning (August 14) @ 7 AM. Mrs. Judy Hammett lead music worship for us. Judy is an accomplished singer that has sung in local churches, conferences, and revivals for years.
I brought a Gospel message entitled "Lord, Teach Us to Pray". Please join us at the Hippodrome on Sunday mornings during events and on Wednesday evening, 7 PM for our regular weekly worship.
COWBOY CHURCH @ THE HIPPODROME FELLOWSHIP @ my house 7/17/11
OUT REACH IN RIDGELAND, SC 6/25/11
In keeping with being an Acts 1:8 church we are about Kingdom building! On June 24 thru 26 I went to Ridgeland, SC to help Euhaw "Babliss" Church (according to a beautiful little 6 year old named Sage) in a weekend mission outreach and training.
Watch the following video to see what went on on Saturday:
On Wednesday, August 3rd, James and Tammy Bogle, with Trail Blazers Ministries was with us in Cowboy Church @ The Hippodrome, 7 PM. James and Tammy will bring the music that evening and James will be preaching. Check them out at http://www.trailblazersmin.org/ . Come join us!
Join us at 7 PM in "The Shack" for a great Wednesday night service!
THE JOURNEY CHURCH OF AIKEN 10/01/2010
COWBOY CHURCH and THE JOURNEY CHURCH OF AIKEN ( click here ) have been meeting at the same location. Journey Church is our "Mother Church" or sponsor for a new church plant. THE JOURNEY meets @ 10 AM on Sunday. SONSHINE COMMUNITY CHURCH, Graniteville, SC is also one of our sponsor churches and serves on our prayer team.
PROFESSIONAL BULLRIDING AT USCA CONVOCATION CENTER 8/27-28/2010
This has been an amazing week! First, we were presented with the opportunity to set up a booth on USCA Campus for their new students activity day on Thursday. We got to meet many of the new students, some from this area and some from other parts of the country.
Then we set up our booth at the PBR Event held at the Convocation Center Friday and Saturday nights. We served up homemade "Cow Patty Cookies" compliments of Mrs. Joan Hayes and Mrs. Ann Kirkland. Sparky Hayes, Al Atkinson, Susan Harden and myself also helped handout Cowboy Way Bibles to many of the passersby.
There seems to be a lot of interest in Cowboy Church. We are praying for God to send the help we need to reach the Cowboys and Cowgirls in and around Aiken.
Fellowship Time ~ Wednesday ~ 6:00 PM
Church Service ~ Wednesday ~ 7:00 PM
Other Services and Bible Study ~ TBA
We are available to have
COWBOY CHURCH @ your barn
Do you want freedom from bondage?
Click this link: Deliverance
Watch this amazing video
and share with your friends!
( CLICK HERE )
is all about.
Watch this 9 minute video.
(Parts are in Chinese!)
( CLICK HERE )
1. The Scriptures We believe that the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men of God "were moved by the Holy Spirit" to write the very words of Scripture. The Bible is therefore without error (inerrant) in its original manuscripts. God has supernaturally preserved the Bible and it is the sole and final authority for faith and life providing encouragement, guidance, comfort and instruction for training in righteousness (2 Ti. 3:16-17; 2 Pe. 1:20-21).
2. The Godhead (Trinity) We believe in one true God eternally existing in three distinct persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) each of Whom is fully and equally God; possesses all of the divine nature and attributes, and is totally worthy of our worship and service (Dt. 6:4; Mt. 28:19; Jn 1:14; 10:30; 2 Co. 13:14).
3. God the Father We believe that God the Father is the first person of the Trinity and is the eternal, unchanging, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-wise, all-loving, completely just and perfectly holy, sovereign Ruler and Sustainer of the universe. He is the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the Father of all true believers (Ge.l:l; Eph.4:6; Jn. 1:12-13; 5:19-21; 17:1-5; Isa.40:21-28; 43:10-13;46:8- 11; Ro.8:14-16).
4. God the Son We believe that Jesus Christ is the second person of the Trinity and is the only begotten eternal Son of God Who became flesh to reveal God to man, to fulfill prophecy, and to become the Savior of the lost world. In becoming man Jesus did not cease in any way to be God so that He is fully God and fully man inseparably united in one person forever. Jesus was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit; born of the Virgin Mary; lived a sinless life; died on the cross as the substitutionary, all-sufficient atoning sacrifice for all of the sins of all men of all time; was buried; bodily rose from the dead; physically ascended into heaven in His glorified, resurrected body; is seated at the right hand of the Father performing His ministry of intercession; will return in the air to claim His bride the church; and will come again to earth in bodily form, personally and visibly, to conclude human history and consummate God’s eternal plan by executing judgment and ushering in His Millennial Kingdom reign to be followed by the eternal state Jn. 1:1, 14, 18; 3:16; Lk. 1:30-35; Php. 2:5-8; Col. 2:3, 9; Mk. 10:45; Ac. 2:22-24; Jn. 1:29; Ro. 3:25- 26; Heb. 10:5-14; 1 Pe. 2:24; 3:18; Jn. 20:20; Php. 3:20-21; Heb. 1:3; Ro. 8:34; 1 Jn. 2:1; Ac. 1:11; Heb. 9:28; 1 Th. 4:13-18; 2 Th. 2:7; Mt. 24:44; Rev. 19:11-21; Rev. 21-22).
5. God the Holy Spirit We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity Who specially came into the world on the day of Pentecost to glorify Christ and to enable men to appropriate the salvation wrought by Christ. He is the primary agent for the conviction of sin and for regeneration. Simulta- neously with salvation, the Holy Spirit imparts new life, baptizes the believer into the body of Christ (His church), permanently indwells the believer, and securely seals the believer unto the day of redemption. The Holy Spirit fills (directs and controls) those believers who are yielded to Him, enables believers to bear fruit, and empowers believers to live a life free from sin's dominion. We also believe that the Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to believers for the purpose of edifying the church in accordance with the teachings of scripture. (1 Co. 13:8; 14:22; Jn. 16:7-15; 1 Co. 6:19; 12:13;
6. Man We believe that man was created in the image of God by direct act of God and did not come into being as the result of evolution. Man was created to glorify God, worship and serve Him, and have fellowship with Him. Man fell through sin by disobeying God, thus incurring both physical and spiritual death, which alienated him from God. Man’s nature was thus corrupted and he is utterly lost, “dead in trespasses and sins,” and totally incapable of saving himself and coming back into right relationship with God by his own merit or effort (Ge. 1:26; 2:6,17; 3:17-24; Isa. 59:1-2; Ro. 3:9- 19, 23; 5:6-8; Lk. 18:26-27; Eph.2.1-3).
7. Satan We believe that Satan is the instigator of evil and a real spirit being, not simply the personifica- tion of evil. He is a fallen angel who, under the sovereign permission of God, has been given temporary rulership of the earth. He was utterly defeated at the cross, but the execution of his judgment has been postponed by God until after the Millennial Kingdom when he will be cast into the eternal lake of fire. In the meantime, he deceives the world and seeks to establish his counterfeit kingdom on earth to discredit and blaspheme God and to tempt, accuse, attack and destroy believers. He can be resisted by the believer through faith and reliance on the power of the Holy Spirit (Ge. 3: 1-5; Isa. 14:12-17; Eze. 28:11-19; Job 1-2; 1 Jn. 5:19; 2 Co. 11:14; 1 Ti. 3:6; 1 Pe. 5:8-9; Jas. 4:7; Rev. 12:9; 20:1-3, 7-10).
8. Salvation We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross provides the sole basis for forgiveness of sins and salvation, which is the free gift of God's grace. Salvation is effected by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit and cannot be secured by man’s works or personal merit. Salvation is only appropriated by a person placing his faith in the finished work of Christ. Repentance is a turning toward God and away from sin and is a part of but not separate from believing faith. "The Gospel is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes” and those who receive Jesus Christ by faith are born again, have their sins forgiven, become children of God, are a new creation in Christ, and "are sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption", being kept by the power of God (Eph. 1:7, 13-14; Jn. 1:12-13; 3:1-7, 14-16; 2 Co. 5:17; Ro. 1:16; 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-10; Ro. 8:14-17, 31-39; Jn. 10:27-29; 14:6; Ac. 26:20; 1 Pe. 1:3-5).
9. The Christian Life We believe that every Christian should live for Christ and not for himself and should, by the power of the indwelling Spirit, allow Christ to manifest His life through him to God's glory. By ever increasing obedience to the Word of God, each believer should mature and progressively become more like Jesus. In the power of the Spirit, each believer should live a holy life; not fulfill the lusts of the flesh; exercise his spiritual gifts to build up the body of Christ; witness for Christ; be personally involved in making disciples to fulfill the great commission; perform good works and bear fruit to the glory of God (Gal. 2:20; 1 Pe. 1:15-16; 2:11; 2 Co. 5:14-15; Ro. 6:11-13; Eph. 2:10; 4:11-12; 4:22-24; 1 Pe. 4:10-11; Ac. 1:8; Mt. 28:18-20; Col. 1:10; Jn. 15:8, 16).
10. The Church We believe that the church is the body of Christ of which Jesus is the Head and whose members are those who have truly received Christ by faith. The local church is a tangible expression of the body of Christ in a particular location. Since all members of the body of Christ are united in Christ by the same Spirit, they should live in love, harmony and unity, being intent on the same purpose and accepting those sectarian or denominational practices which are based on a sincere interpretation of the Bible, which do not relate to substantive doctrinal matters, and which do not in practice cause disunity or hinder the ministry. The purpose of the church is to make Christ known to lost men, to make disciples, and glorify God on earth (Ac. 1:8; 1 Co. 12:12-27; Eph. 1:20-23; 4:1-6, 4:12-16; Mt. 28:18-20; Jn. 17; Col. 1:24-29).
11. The Ordinances We believe that the only two ordinances of the church recognized by Scripture are water baptism and the Lord's Supper. Water baptism by immersion is an act of obedience following salvation which symbolically pictures the believer's death to sin, burial of the old life, and resurrection to new life. The Lord's Supper celebrates fellowship and communion with Christ, symbolically commemorates His death, and anticipates His second coming (Mt. 28: 19; Ac. 10:47-48; Lk. 22:19-20; 1 Co. 11:23-28; Ro.6:3-4).
12. Eternal Destiny of Men We believe that at death every believer consciously and immediately enters into the presence and fellowship of the Lord to wait for the physical resurrection and glorification of his body at Christ's return. The believer will thus enjoy life eternal with God - fellowshipping, serving and worshipping Him forever (2 Co. 5:6; 1 Co. 15: 12-58; Lk. 23:39-43; 1 Th. 4:13-18; Jn. 3: 16; Rev. 21-22). We believe that at death every unbeliever consciously and immediately enters into separation from the Lord to wait for the physical resurrection of his body to everlasting condemnation, judgment and punishment (Lk. 16:19-31; Jn. 3:18, 36; Rev. 20:5, 11-15; 2 Th. 1:5-10).
13. Future Things We believe the next prophetic event will be the rapture of the Church when the Lord Jesus Christ will return in the air to receive unto Himself all Church Age believers (Jn. 14:1-3; Tit. 2:11-14; 1 Co. 15:51-52; 1 Th. 4:13-18; Php. 3:20-21). The rapture of the Church will be followed by the seven-year Great Tribulation period in fulfillment of Dan. 9:24-27 and as described in Rev. 6: 1- 19:21 during which Israel will be purified, the whole world tested, and the wrath of God poured out against sin (Jer. 30:7; Mt. 24; Rev. 3:10; 1 Th. 5:9-11). We believe that at the end of the Great Tribulation the Lord Jesus Christ in His second coming will personally and physically return to the earth just as He ascended with great power and glory to execute judgment and usher in the Millennial Kingdom, during which He will reign on earth for 1000 years with righteousness, justice and peace to fulfill God's covenant promise to Israel (Ac. 1:8-11; Rev. 19: 11-21; Eze. 37:21-28; Isa. 11:9; Rev. 20:1-6). We believe that the 1000-year reign of Christ on earth will be followed by the final judgment of Satan when he is cast into the lake of fire forever; the Great White Throne Judgment and bodily resurrection for unbelievers; the creation of a new heaven and new earth; and the eternal state (Rev. 20-22; 2 Pe. 3:1-14).
Acceptance policy We accept students from independent churches and from a wide range of denominations. How- ever, student applicants are required to affirm in writing their substantial agreement with this statement of faith. Where differences are indicated, the student may be conditionally accepted for training upon his agreement not to teach, promote or exercise such doctrinal differences or practices while he is an active student.